- Vigiling with the dying person
- Facilitating care planning conversations, providing honest information about options
- Communicating with other care providers
- Home and family-centered funeral services
- Educating the person and family in how to do all of the above
As an End of Life Guide, I offer holistic support for people facing the end of life. I have over five years of experience working in hospice care and a well-rounded education in all the concerns we face at this difficult time. I can help navigate the sensitive conversations, offer empathic companionship, and provide knowledgable consultation. I can also help facilitate a meaningful after-death experience, from a full home funeral to a simple ritual celebration of life. My service bridges the gaps that may occur between other types of end of life care.
I am professionally certified in Thanatology (Death, Dying, and Bereavement) by the Association for Death Education and Counseling, an international professional organization “dedicated to promoting excellence and recognizing diversity in death education, care of the dying, grief counseling and research in thanatology.”
It is never too early to start contemplating our mortality, and so I am also available for consultation and conversation at any stage of life!